General Feedback

Coordinator
May 20, 2010 at 7:40 AM

General Feedback area for RBAC Editor

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM
Edited Jun 9, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I used your RBAC Editor. It is really good. It solved most of my problems that I usually does it through cmdlet. But there are few things that I am still not able to do it using this editor for example . Not able to create " New-RoleAssignmentPolicy " etc. Overall this product is awesome (Y) 

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Hi atifbaig; Thank you very much for your comment. It's good to know that tool is useful for you - I'll continue improving the tool and now after your request adding "role assignment" capability is my fist priority :) Please check project frequently for future releases..

Feb 17, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Hi candede

Did you work further on that Gui ?

It's very useful :)

I wished toknow if you planned to add an offline feature : instead of executing a command each time you check or uncheck some role or some action, you queue it, and allow us to apply everything once done (and also export the whole commands..) ?

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Hi sacker,

I didnt do much with the tool after the last update. I started to code on things that introduced with SP1 (like Database Scopes) but nothing is complete yet. I will start to work on the tool again; as I noticed I didnt do anything on it for a very very long time. I'm planning to add audit management; and I will consider to make the offline feature you suggested; can you please explain more about what benefits may come from such a feature or in what scenario this may be useful?

thanks for your feedback.. cheers

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Hi Candede

The "offline" feature i mean :

- would be useful to reproduce the configuration steps in many different organizations

- Would improve the overall speed of your tool : if i'm not wrong, as you click on the actions (check or uncheck the cmdlets), ech time you launch the adequate powershell cmdlet. Someone configuring large RBAC settings checks and unchecks many things. If piping all the "validated" actions into a final Cmdlet Script to execute, I think it would be faster to use (and easy to reproduce, like i mentinonned before).

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Hi sacker,

I think these are very good suggestions; especially being able to reproduce the configuration steps in many different organizations would be excellent. I can implement this on a import/export basis; - I have to work on it before deciding how to implement. I suppose second one needs an "Apply" button; so that you can check/uncheck things in a row and hit "Apply" button to run necessary cmdlets; to be honest from the beginning I avoided this in design of the tool as it may require to validate things to build the cmdlet. I always wanted the validation to occur in Powershell and handled by Powershell but it may be implemented in some screens without hurting my design. I'll also work on it to see what can be done.

Again thanks for your feedbacks..cheers